Skip to main content

Scarletts Favorite patties (Recipe)

Not an amazing picture, I know! The past few days my daughter has been feeling a little picky about eating, she has a good reason though.  She has been having teething pains from the canine teeth that appear to be coming in. :( She's pretty good about the pain, apart from the eating which she still does but just not as good as usual. So I made her one of her favorites, Turkey patties.

Recipe is as follows but you may add and subtract as needed.

  • 1 pack of Ground Turkey or Chicken
  • Half a small onion chopped small
  • 1 tbsp coriander chopped or pureed
  • 1 cup of mushrooms chopped small
  • 1 celery stick chopped small
  • Soy sauce to your liking
  • 1 generous pinch of ground pepper
  • 1 Garlic Clove minced
  • 1 tbsp of your favorite cooking oil.

Mix all the ingredients, shape into patties and cook on medium heat or medium low, depending on your stove.  Flip half-way through and you are done. I served hers with some sticky rice (easier for her to pick up), steamed mix veggies and apple slices for dessert.

She was happy, ate almost all of her food and I have a happy and full babe. What more could a mother ask for. :)

Tomorrow I hope to make some gingerbread cookies for the first time and I hope to share my adventure with you. I will be letting my little artista decorate a couple of the little men, lets see how crazy they come out. hahaha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Creamy Coconut Popsicles!

Sweet, Creamy & Delicious.... Creamy Coconut Popsicles. This recipe makes about 12-15 Popsicles depending on your molds. You'll need: 1 can of coconut milk (I used Thai kitchen organic) 1 can of reg sized condensed milk ½ cup Almond or Coconut milk ¼ cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut 1. Blend ingredients together. 2. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hrs. 3. Enjoy!

Paleo Recipe: Spicy Cilantro, Lime & Paprika Chicken Thighs

This chicken recipe is not only delicious, but Whole30 & Paleo friendly. It's also a quick but flavorful meal to prepare during the week. You can either grill these or bake them in the oven. I have tried both and they came out great either way. You will need: 1 pack of Chicken Thighs Bone in & skin on (usually 4) 1 tbsp Paprika 2 tsp Garlic Powder 1 tsp of dried Parsley 1 tsp of Salt 1 tbsp of Cilantro (I used pureed) Juice & zest from a Lime 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp of ground Pepper 1 tbsp of olive oil Preheat oven at 400F if you are going to be baking it straight away (if you are going to let it sit, hold off on that).  Mix all the ingredients together (not the chicken).  Once you have your marinade, add your chicken thighs and coat them well.  I usually get some under the skin because if you don't the chicken can be rather bland.  Depending if you are letting it sit some or not, go ahead and bake for 35-40 mins.  Once...

Recipe: Super Tasty White Choc Chip Cookies

HI! Sorry I have not posted much in a while, My camera broke and I finally bought one (it's going back, I am not happy with it) but I managed to take some test pictures of some cookies I made so I figured I'd post this. If you love soft chunky cookies that are moist, this is the recipe for you. :-) I make these every week, with different variations. If you like this I can post more in the future, so please let me know. Ingredients     1 cup Butter (Room temp or cut in pieces and Microwave for 20-30 secs)     1/2 cup Brown Sugar     1/2 cup Sugar     3.4 oz pkg instant Chocolate pudding mix     2 eggs (at room temp)     1 tbsp Cocoa Powder     1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence or Extract     2 1/4 cup Flour     1 tsp Baking soda     1/2 tsp Baking powder     2 Cups of White Choc Chips (I use Ghirardelli) Instructions  ...