Skip to main content

HOW TO: Make Non-Toxic Finger Paints.


Hi again guys!

So I thought I'd share my favorite recipe for finger paints. At our house we love to do creative stuff and what better way than to get your child involved in it. The problem is that most bought finger paints are not only expensive but that are typically filled with toxins and synthetic colorants. Now, you can go two ways about this. You could make your paints with regular store ingredients or if you live a more Eco friendly life, you could get all organic ingredients here. This what you will need:

  • 3 tablespoons (organic) sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (organic) corn starch
  • 2 cups water
  • (organic) food colorants
These are what i use to measure, mix and stir my paint mixture.

Mix all the ingredients in  a saucepan and continually stir over low heat until the mixture thickens to a paint consistency.

Before adding the paint mixture to the container you wish to use, add a few drops of food coloring and then distribute evenly until it has all been poured.
Mix well with a spoon and let it cool.

Enjoy your finger paints. :)


With my help of guiding her feet and finger tips we made these for our relatives.

I apologize for the pictures, i started making it and forgot to take pictures once it started cooking. hehe :/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paleo Recipe: Spicy Cilantro, Lime & Paprika Chicken Thighs

This chicken recipe is not only delicious, but Whole30 & Paleo friendly. It's also a quick but flavorful meal to prepare during the week. You can either grill these or bake them in the oven. I have tried both and they came out great either way. You will need: 1 pack of Chicken Thighs Bone in & skin on (usually 4) 1 tbsp Paprika 2 tsp Garlic Powder 1 tsp of dried Parsley 1 tsp of Salt 1 tbsp of Cilantro (I used pureed) Juice & zest from a Lime 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp of ground Pepper 1 tbsp of olive oil Preheat oven at 400F if you are going to be baking it straight away (if you are going to let it sit, hold off on that).  Mix all the ingredients together (not the chicken).  Once you have your marinade, add your chicken thighs and coat them well.  I usually get some under the skin because if you don't the chicken can be rather bland.  Depending if you are letting it sit some or not, go ahead and bake for 35-40 mins.  Once...

Recipe: Creamy Coconut Popsicles!

Sweet, Creamy & Delicious.... Creamy Coconut Popsicles. This recipe makes about 12-15 Popsicles depending on your molds. You'll need: 1 can of coconut milk (I used Thai kitchen organic) 1 can of reg sized condensed milk ½ cup Almond or Coconut milk ¼ cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut 1. Blend ingredients together. 2. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hrs. 3. Enjoy!

Recipe: Super Tasty White Choc Chip Cookies

HI! Sorry I have not posted much in a while, My camera broke and I finally bought one (it's going back, I am not happy with it) but I managed to take some test pictures of some cookies I made so I figured I'd post this. If you love soft chunky cookies that are moist, this is the recipe for you. :-) I make these every week, with different variations. If you like this I can post more in the future, so please let me know. Ingredients     1 cup Butter (Room temp or cut in pieces and Microwave for 20-30 secs)     1/2 cup Brown Sugar     1/2 cup Sugar     3.4 oz pkg instant Chocolate pudding mix     2 eggs (at room temp)     1 tbsp Cocoa Powder     1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence or Extract     2 1/4 cup Flour     1 tsp Baking soda     1/2 tsp Baking powder     2 Cups of White Choc Chips (I use Ghirardelli) Instructions  ...