Skip to main content

A foodie in the making!


Today I was thinking about how happy I am that my little girl loves to eat, even though right now she is eating a little less than her usual amount, she still loves food and says "yum!" when she sees food. I love that she is so open to trying everything I give her. Just yesterday she held broccoli in her hand and made it seem so good. :) I thought I'd share a little collage of some of the meals she has eaten lately.

I know I have gotten lucky here, not all children are so eager to eat everything that is put in front of them and not always will they like everything they are given, but one thing I have learned is that my daughter likes me to keep it fresh. If I repeat foods too much or they start lacking color and variety she seems to not eat so well. So if there is anything I can ever suggest to any parent food related wise, it is keep it fun, fresh and full of variety and don't give up, because even if they don't like something right now, that doesn't mean they will not like it later... or it may just mean, they didnt like it that way but would be open to eating it in other ways.

Another thing that would be a good option for a picky eater is a smoothie, add fruits, juice, yoghurt, soy milk, even some veggies... blend and voila! lots of nutrition packed in a delicious drink. If my blender  was not broken at the moment, I would be making them right now too. :((

well, we are off to bed, I have a sleepy bear and she wants her mama. Good night and sweet dreams, hope everyone gets lots of their much needed rest. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paleo Recipe: Spicy Cilantro, Lime & Paprika Chicken Thighs

This chicken recipe is not only delicious, but Whole30 & Paleo friendly. It's also a quick but flavorful meal to prepare during the week. You can either grill these or bake them in the oven. I have tried both and they came out great either way. You will need: 1 pack of Chicken Thighs Bone in & skin on (usually 4) 1 tbsp Paprika 2 tsp Garlic Powder 1 tsp of dried Parsley 1 tsp of Salt 1 tbsp of Cilantro (I used pureed) Juice & zest from a Lime 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp of ground Pepper 1 tbsp of olive oil Preheat oven at 400F if you are going to be baking it straight away (if you are going to let it sit, hold off on that).  Mix all the ingredients together (not the chicken).  Once you have your marinade, add your chicken thighs and coat them well.  I usually get some under the skin because if you don't the chicken can be rather bland.  Depending if you are letting it sit some or not, go ahead and bake for 35-40 mins.  Once...

Recipe: Creamy Coconut Popsicles!

Sweet, Creamy & Delicious.... Creamy Coconut Popsicles. This recipe makes about 12-15 Popsicles depending on your molds. You'll need: 1 can of coconut milk (I used Thai kitchen organic) 1 can of reg sized condensed milk ½ cup Almond or Coconut milk ¼ cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut 1. Blend ingredients together. 2. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hrs. 3. Enjoy!

Recipe: Super Tasty White Choc Chip Cookies

HI! Sorry I have not posted much in a while, My camera broke and I finally bought one (it's going back, I am not happy with it) but I managed to take some test pictures of some cookies I made so I figured I'd post this. If you love soft chunky cookies that are moist, this is the recipe for you. :-) I make these every week, with different variations. If you like this I can post more in the future, so please let me know. Ingredients     1 cup Butter (Room temp or cut in pieces and Microwave for 20-30 secs)     1/2 cup Brown Sugar     1/2 cup Sugar     3.4 oz pkg instant Chocolate pudding mix     2 eggs (at room temp)     1 tbsp Cocoa Powder     1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence or Extract     2 1/4 cup Flour     1 tsp Baking soda     1/2 tsp Baking powder     2 Cups of White Choc Chips (I use Ghirardelli) Instructions  ...