Skip to main content

Gingerbread Men!!! (Recipe)

Here are some of the not so very pretty gingerbread men me and my daughter made earlier. This was our very first attempt at making and trying these little guys. We enjoyed making them and tasting them. In case anyone wants to try making these, here is the recipe we used.

The recipes is as follows:

3 cups Flour                                                  
2 tsp Ginger (ground)                                   
1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)                              
1 tsp Baking Soda                                         
1/2 tsp Nutmeg                                              
1/4 tsp Cloves (ground)
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 cup of Butter (softened)
3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup unsulfured Molasses
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.

1. In a large mixing bowl beat the brown sugar and butter until soft and fluffy, add the molasses, egg and vanilla extract, mix again and gradually start beating in the flour on a lower speed. Once you have done that get some cling film and lay it on your counter, enough so that you can lay the dough on it and flatten it out a little so that it's like a giant cookie, cover well and refrigerate for a few hours.

2. When you are ready to start making your cookies, Preheat the oven to 350°. Next you can start dusting your work surface with flour so your dough doesn't stick, roll it out and cut them out with a cookie cutter (you can dip the cookie cutter in flour so it doesn't stick). Place them 1 inch apart on some parchment paper. Bake them for 8 to 10 mins, you will know when the edges are set.

3. Cool them, decorate them and enjoy! 

Sorry I didn't take many pictures but I forgot to charge my camera today. :/ I will probably make more tomorrow and I will add some better looking pictures then. 

Shower & Bed time for momma, Good Night from us. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Creamy Coconut Popsicles!

Sweet, Creamy & Delicious.... Creamy Coconut Popsicles. This recipe makes about 12-15 Popsicles depending on your molds. You'll need: 1 can of coconut milk (I used Thai kitchen organic) 1 can of reg sized condensed milk ½ cup Almond or Coconut milk ¼ cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut 1. Blend ingredients together. 2. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hrs. 3. Enjoy!

Paleo Recipe: Spicy Cilantro, Lime & Paprika Chicken Thighs

This chicken recipe is not only delicious, but Whole30 & Paleo friendly. It's also a quick but flavorful meal to prepare during the week. You can either grill these or bake them in the oven. I have tried both and they came out great either way. You will need: 1 pack of Chicken Thighs Bone in & skin on (usually 4) 1 tbsp Paprika 2 tsp Garlic Powder 1 tsp of dried Parsley 1 tsp of Salt 1 tbsp of Cilantro (I used pureed) Juice & zest from a Lime 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp of ground Pepper 1 tbsp of olive oil Preheat oven at 400F if you are going to be baking it straight away (if you are going to let it sit, hold off on that).  Mix all the ingredients together (not the chicken).  Once you have your marinade, add your chicken thighs and coat them well.  I usually get some under the skin because if you don't the chicken can be rather bland.  Depending if you are letting it sit some or not, go ahead and bake for 35-40 mins.  Once...

Recipe: Super Tasty White Choc Chip Cookies

HI! Sorry I have not posted much in a while, My camera broke and I finally bought one (it's going back, I am not happy with it) but I managed to take some test pictures of some cookies I made so I figured I'd post this. If you love soft chunky cookies that are moist, this is the recipe for you. :-) I make these every week, with different variations. If you like this I can post more in the future, so please let me know. Ingredients     1 cup Butter (Room temp or cut in pieces and Microwave for 20-30 secs)     1/2 cup Brown Sugar     1/2 cup Sugar     3.4 oz pkg instant Chocolate pudding mix     2 eggs (at room temp)     1 tbsp Cocoa Powder     1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence or Extract     2 1/4 cup Flour     1 tsp Baking soda     1/2 tsp Baking powder     2 Cups of White Choc Chips (I use Ghirardelli) Instructions  ...