Skip to main content

Finally! Tree Day. :)



Today, we finally dedicated ourselves to the tedious task of going to buy a tree and put it up. I love Christmas but getting the tree and unpacking it is just so time consuming with a little one in tow, it just seems to take much longer and you know all they want to do is take it all back down.  I get it though, I would want to do the same.  I mean, there is something just so magical about decorations. They sparkle, they have different textures and colors...everything is just so pretty. That is also the main reason why we didn't go too crazy on decorations this year.  We don't want to get upset if she takes them down and breaks them.  So the more important ones are near the top.  The rest are plastic and we will not be heart broken if they need to be tossed away. :)





Well, time for a nice relaxing weekend. Hope everyone enjoys theirs. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Creamy Coconut Popsicles!

Sweet, Creamy & Delicious.... Creamy Coconut Popsicles. This recipe makes about 12-15 Popsicles depending on your molds. You'll need: 1 can of coconut milk (I used Thai kitchen organic) 1 can of reg sized condensed milk ½ cup Almond or Coconut milk ¼ cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut 1. Blend ingredients together. 2. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hrs. 3. Enjoy!

Recipe: Super Tasty White Choc Chip Cookies

HI! Sorry I have not posted much in a while, My camera broke and I finally bought one (it's going back, I am not happy with it) but I managed to take some test pictures of some cookies I made so I figured I'd post this. If you love soft chunky cookies that are moist, this is the recipe for you. :-) I make these every week, with different variations. If you like this I can post more in the future, so please let me know. Ingredients     1 cup Butter (Room temp or cut in pieces and Microwave for 20-30 secs)     1/2 cup Brown Sugar     1/2 cup Sugar     3.4 oz pkg instant Chocolate pudding mix     2 eggs (at room temp)     1 tbsp Cocoa Powder     1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence or Extract     2 1/4 cup Flour     1 tsp Baking soda     1/2 tsp Baking powder     2 Cups of White Choc Chips (I use Ghirardelli) Instructions     Preheat oven to 350 degrees.     Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the dry pudding mix and vanilla essence.         Beat in on

Whole 30 Challenge: Turkey Veggie Burgers & Butternut Squash Fries

Hi again! I have been a little M.I.A since the new year. I apologize, but I am back again and I wanted to share with you my newest thing. I stumbled across the Whole30 Challenge, and after reading about it and it's benefits, I decided I wanted to take part in this challenge too. So, Today was my first day, it's been good so far but I can see there will be some difficult days ahead as far as cravings go. For my first day I started out with Eggs, bacon & an apple for breakfast. for lunch I was a getting hungry and needed something quick so, I had a rolled egg omelet & a delicious salad packed with lots of yummy things and I just sprinkled it with some salt, pepper & lemon. For dinner I made more of an effort, I had turkey veggie patties, butternut squash baked fries & some salad vegetables on the side. If you would like the recipe for my Turkey veggie Burgers just follow the steps below. 1 lb Ground Turkey 1 small onion or half a regular sized onion chop