Skip to main content

Whole 30 Update pt2.


Hi again everyone! So I just wanted to update on my Whole30, I have not given into temptation yet,  Day 5 & going strong! :)

I am actually really enjoying the Whole30 challenge, although I must admit, it is much more time consuming than I had anticipated, between the meals, cleaning up and tidying the house and taking care of the little one, I don't get as much free time as usual, it's not like we ate bad, its just that I have to still please the non whole30 eaters in the house. hahaha

I have come to find a love and bigger appreciation for fruits and vegetables that I had started to lose, I am also enjoy things like nuts, eggs and meats more which is great in my books. I love that it is encouraging me to be more creative with my cooking, I don't know about you, but after a while meals get repetitive and sometimes rather boring but after starting The Whole30 challenge, my meals have been satisfying and refreshing. Which is great! :)

 I have had no luck getting a non added sugar, plain nut butter from the store, which is driving me nuts, I was so hooked on peanut butter & honey on toast for breakfast or a snack, I also loved peanut butter in my smoothies and to dip fruit in. I miss it!

so, I'll go ahead and post some pictures of some of the foods I have been eating.
 Vegetable fritata with strawberry halves & frothy banana milk.
 Mash sweet potato, Green Curry fish with some veggies I had laying around.
 Caulirice & Chicken Stir-fry
Turkey patties, salad & some mashed butternut squash.

I will post some recipes soon in case anyone would like any, so far I am in love with banana pancakes in the mornings! :)

Off to shower and sleep, G'night all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Creamy Coconut Popsicles!

Sweet, Creamy & Delicious.... Creamy Coconut Popsicles. This recipe makes about 12-15 Popsicles depending on your molds. You'll need: 1 can of coconut milk (I used Thai kitchen organic) 1 can of reg sized condensed milk ½ cup Almond or Coconut milk ¼ cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut 1. Blend ingredients together. 2. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hrs. 3. Enjoy!

Recipe: Super Tasty White Choc Chip Cookies

HI! Sorry I have not posted much in a while, My camera broke and I finally bought one (it's going back, I am not happy with it) but I managed to take some test pictures of some cookies I made so I figured I'd post this. If you love soft chunky cookies that are moist, this is the recipe for you. :-) I make these every week, with different variations. If you like this I can post more in the future, so please let me know. Ingredients     1 cup Butter (Room temp or cut in pieces and Microwave for 20-30 secs)     1/2 cup Brown Sugar     1/2 cup Sugar     3.4 oz pkg instant Chocolate pudding mix     2 eggs (at room temp)     1 tbsp Cocoa Powder     1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence or Extract     2 1/4 cup Flour     1 tsp Baking soda     1/2 tsp Baking powder     2 Cups of White Choc Chips (I use Ghirardelli) Instructions     Preheat oven to 350 degrees.     Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the dry pudding mix and vanilla essence.         Beat in on

Paleo Recipe: Spicy Cilantro, Lime & Paprika Chicken Thighs

This chicken recipe is not only delicious, but Whole30 & Paleo friendly. It's also a quick but flavorful meal to prepare during the week. You can either grill these or bake them in the oven. I have tried both and they came out great either way. You will need: 1 pack of Chicken Thighs Bone in & skin on (usually 4) 1 tbsp Paprika 2 tsp Garlic Powder 1 tsp of dried Parsley 1 tsp of Salt 1 tbsp of Cilantro (I used pureed) Juice & zest from a Lime 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp of ground Pepper 1 tbsp of olive oil Preheat oven at 400F if you are going to be baking it straight away (if you are going to let it sit, hold off on that).  Mix all the ingredients together (not the chicken).  Once you have your marinade, add your chicken thighs and coat them well.  I usually get some under the skin because if you don't the chicken can be rather bland.  Depending if you are letting it sit some or not, go ahead and bake for 35-40 mins.  Once finished leave