Skip to main content

Earth Day Activities!

Happy Earth Day everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday, We are both having a pretty good day despite the gloomy weather. We are going to be enjoying our Earth Day by painting some stuff indoors and pretend cooking some delicious ;-) healthy meals. hehe

here are some ideas you and your little one can do depending on the weather and what you have available to you:

  • Play Dough
  • Painting
  • Drawing with crayons (use up carton from cereal boxes to make a nice card)
  • Sensory box (no need for rainbow rice, use beans, lentils, flour... so many recipes around)
  • Reading
  • Puzzles
  • if you have a tablet (you can read, do puzzles, practice the alphabet or shapes... it pretty limitless)
  • Pretend play
  • Go out and play, look and point at different things around you. 
  • Go to a playground
  • Get dirty with them and plant something or Play in a sandbox!
  • Cook something together or ask them to help you put the dishes away
  • Make a tent out of sheets, furniture and cushions.
  • Sing and Dance (my daughter goes crazy around music.
  • Watch a movie
  • If your child is a little older you can sew a doll or make collages or other fun crafts.
There is so much you can do. I will be posting a new Sensory Recipe tomorrow hopefully and this awesome cookie recipe I found. Big soft cookies with choc chunks anyone?!?!

I'm off to try to sew a pair of leggins for my little carebear (new to sewing), Wish me luck!!! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paleo Recipe: Spicy Cilantro, Lime & Paprika Chicken Thighs

This chicken recipe is not only delicious, but Whole30 & Paleo friendly. It's also a quick but flavorful meal to prepare during the week. You can either grill these or bake them in the oven. I have tried both and they came out great either way. You will need: 1 pack of Chicken Thighs Bone in & skin on (usually 4) 1 tbsp Paprika 2 tsp Garlic Powder 1 tsp of dried Parsley 1 tsp of Salt 1 tbsp of Cilantro (I used pureed) Juice & zest from a Lime 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp of ground Pepper 1 tbsp of olive oil Preheat oven at 400F if you are going to be baking it straight away (if you are going to let it sit, hold off on that).  Mix all the ingredients together (not the chicken).  Once you have your marinade, add your chicken thighs and coat them well.  I usually get some under the skin because if you don't the chicken can be rather bland.  Depending if you are letting it sit some or not, go ahead and bake for 35-40 mins.  Once...

Recipe: Creamy Coconut Popsicles!

Sweet, Creamy & Delicious.... Creamy Coconut Popsicles. This recipe makes about 12-15 Popsicles depending on your molds. You'll need: 1 can of coconut milk (I used Thai kitchen organic) 1 can of reg sized condensed milk ½ cup Almond or Coconut milk ¼ cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut 1. Blend ingredients together. 2. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hrs. 3. Enjoy!

Recipe: Super Tasty White Choc Chip Cookies

HI! Sorry I have not posted much in a while, My camera broke and I finally bought one (it's going back, I am not happy with it) but I managed to take some test pictures of some cookies I made so I figured I'd post this. If you love soft chunky cookies that are moist, this is the recipe for you. :-) I make these every week, with different variations. If you like this I can post more in the future, so please let me know. Ingredients     1 cup Butter (Room temp or cut in pieces and Microwave for 20-30 secs)     1/2 cup Brown Sugar     1/2 cup Sugar     3.4 oz pkg instant Chocolate pudding mix     2 eggs (at room temp)     1 tbsp Cocoa Powder     1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence or Extract     2 1/4 cup Flour     1 tsp Baking soda     1/2 tsp Baking powder     2 Cups of White Choc Chips (I use Ghirardelli) Instructions  ...