Skip to main content

Whole 30 Update, Day 30

So, I have been away from the blog for quite a bit. I do apologize. I was just not motivated to type anything. between cooking so many times a day, taking care of my little carebear (teething) and cleaning I didn't get much free time to my self, so I just spent that time doing stuff to relax.

Day 30!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy to have reached it Feb 19 to be exact, though I do plan to eat like this the a lot of the time, I will still indulge in some non paleo foods every now and then. tehehe

so, What have I learned from this experience? I have learned that my old way of eating were hurting me (my body), I was always worrying, tired, having anxiety and panic attacks at times, I felt depressed and I disliked how I felt, my body ached, my bm were not regular, I would get bad PMS. I also learned that the Whole 30 Helped me get my body and sanity back. I feel so much happier, energetic, I hardly worry, no anxiety, I sleep better (as good as a co-sleeping bf mom can sleep), I ache less, I am regular, PMS gone! I feel content and I enjoy motherhood so much more now.

One thing I am also happy about is my skin, I have been struggling with adult acne/rosacia since I moved to the U.S, I'm not sure which it was or if i had both, but i dreaded going to a dermatologist only to be put on strong medicines that are not very good for the body, so like many people i kept trying stuff but nothing worked and it just made it worse. Since the whole30, the redness has gone, the amount of acne has gone down severely and if i would actually quit wearing makeup, it would just heal up. :(

I have decided to cut back on sugary stuff, wheat, corn and other crops and pulses, I have also decided to avoid dairy as much as humanly possible because I just dont think it agrees with me and my body would be happy without it.

Update: its been over a week since I finished my whole 30, my skin has kept on clearing up, I still feel good, I feel so much happier, I will definitely need to do more whole30's in the future to keep my body doing its best.

Have you tried the whole30 challenge, if so... how was it for you? did you find it hard? did you learn anything from it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Creamy Coconut Popsicles!

Sweet, Creamy & Delicious.... Creamy Coconut Popsicles. This recipe makes about 12-15 Popsicles depending on your molds. You'll need: 1 can of coconut milk (I used Thai kitchen organic) 1 can of reg sized condensed milk ½ cup Almond or Coconut milk ¼ cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut 1. Blend ingredients together. 2. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hrs. 3. Enjoy!

Paleo Recipe: Spicy Cilantro, Lime & Paprika Chicken Thighs

This chicken recipe is not only delicious, but Whole30 & Paleo friendly. It's also a quick but flavorful meal to prepare during the week. You can either grill these or bake them in the oven. I have tried both and they came out great either way. You will need: 1 pack of Chicken Thighs Bone in & skin on (usually 4) 1 tbsp Paprika 2 tsp Garlic Powder 1 tsp of dried Parsley 1 tsp of Salt 1 tbsp of Cilantro (I used pureed) Juice & zest from a Lime 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp of ground Pepper 1 tbsp of olive oil Preheat oven at 400F if you are going to be baking it straight away (if you are going to let it sit, hold off on that).  Mix all the ingredients together (not the chicken).  Once you have your marinade, add your chicken thighs and coat them well.  I usually get some under the skin because if you don't the chicken can be rather bland.  Depending if you are letting it sit some or not, go ahead and bake for 35-40 mins.  Once...

Recipe: Super Tasty White Choc Chip Cookies

HI! Sorry I have not posted much in a while, My camera broke and I finally bought one (it's going back, I am not happy with it) but I managed to take some test pictures of some cookies I made so I figured I'd post this. If you love soft chunky cookies that are moist, this is the recipe for you. :-) I make these every week, with different variations. If you like this I can post more in the future, so please let me know. Ingredients     1 cup Butter (Room temp or cut in pieces and Microwave for 20-30 secs)     1/2 cup Brown Sugar     1/2 cup Sugar     3.4 oz pkg instant Chocolate pudding mix     2 eggs (at room temp)     1 tbsp Cocoa Powder     1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence or Extract     2 1/4 cup Flour     1 tsp Baking soda     1/2 tsp Baking powder     2 Cups of White Choc Chips (I use Ghirardelli) Instructions  ...